Friday, August 10, 2007

Sweater made of fur...

Poppy hates to be held, but he sure loves to be combed. That’s about the only time where I can really hold him, stroke and tickle his soft belly. Everytime I take out his white comb and waves it in the air, he would squeak in delight and amble towards me. He willingly submits himself to be combed! What’s the big deal, u might say? U have to see the difference in him when there is no comb and he refuses to let u hold him. The tyke will squeal like a baby and twist his jell-o like body to release himself from your embrace. My husband cannot even hold the brown fuzzy for 1 minute, much to his exasperation. Too jell-o like. Today, when I combed him, his purrs were so loud it sounded like a car engine. He dissolved into a puddle of boneless fur, (like those fur rugs u see with the bear head sticking out) and purred incessantly while I worked the comb. Pops does not know how to groom himself, so the comb is like a big giant tongue that brushes away his fur knots. By the time I finish, his comb would be full of matted fur, which I would peel off and throw outside the window. The birds pick it to insulate their nests. Pops happy, birds happy too!

Cutest thing also, after Pops goes away, satiated, the orange one would walk up to me and stick his neck out - he wants to be combed too. But not for the same reasons as Poppy, Meowz has a perpetual itch on his neck that needs to be calmed with the steel teeth of the comb.

My husband says that if I had kept all those furballs from the combings, I would by now have a ball of yarn in Poppy’s and Meowzers fur colour. Brown orangey sweater, anyone? I think i still know how to knit...

No comments: