Monday, October 1, 2007

Mooncakes

Mooncake festival is over and i did not even get a chance to blog about it till now.
It's work.
Too much, too little time.
Getting harder to breathe now.
But i really want to put this down.

U know, i don't know nuts about Mooncake festival.
I think i am the most untraditional person there is.
I hate CNY, I don't know when Mooncake festival is until i see people selling and then go "Isn't it over???", I don't know when Cheng Beng is....

Banana. It's my aloofness. I couldn't care less.
Memories of mooncake festival is the gold fish tanglung my grandma gave me when i was a small little innocent girl. I was so excited then. It was battery operated - it was advant garde then. Jakun habis.
Back to mooncakes.
Hoardes of it in the office.
Two boxes at home from daddy meow's suppliers.

Jelak, really jelak.
Never a mooncake fan in the first place.
While i am struggling to finish off the mooncakes at home, i wonder...
How come this year there are more and more unorthodox and weird sounding mooncakes?
Has hype and novelty won over tradition?
It seems so.
This year i saw - CRANBERRY mooncake.

What the hell is that?
Or mocha pandan champagne mooncake.

Wowzers.
A search of images on the internet and i find plenty. This one looks pretty, doesn't it? Like some jelly mooncakes in gummy purple and yellow.

Then there's cheesecake mooncakes. Yikes.
Mixed nut mooncake.

Pineapple strawberry mooncake.

Red bean-green tea mooncake.

Snow skin coffee with choco bits mooncake.

Orange banana choco mooncake.

What else is next? This is my future prediction :

Truffle mooncake - the most expensive mooncake in the world?

Birds' nest mooncake.

Lavender-rose-cumin mooncake.

Curry mooncake.

Sambal ikan bilis mooncake.

Hawaiian pizza flavoured mooncake.

Salt and vinegar chips mooncake...YUM! I want!

Liver pate mooncake.

Gummy bear mooncake.

Honey dew-winter melon-leong fun mooncake. Wow, that is super sweet.

Hibiscus-ribena mooncake.

Assam boi mooncake.

Aloe vera-lotus paste mooncake.

Rambutan-mangosteen mooncake - my two fav fruits. If got, please buy that for me.

Hiyo, my imagination the very the keng the chau.

Since mooncake flavours are becoming more and more ridiculous, i don't think my ideas are very far fetched.

Let's wait and see next year's fanfare exploision of new flavours as bakers scratch their head to outdo this year's creations.

Perhaps, the cutest mooncake is :

The maneki-neko mooncake. That's me! I should have been given this mooncake instead of the boring lotus paste one!
Malaysia - anything boleh.

No comments: