Monday, August 6, 2007

Cats talk back

Cats are smart. They know when u love them, they know when u are mad at them. And they talk back to u when u scold them. Today, Meowzers jumped up the dining table which is a big no-no. Obviously, no-nos are yes-yes to them. The more taboo, the more fun it is to do it. Hmm...sounds like us humans.

Anyway, Meowzers was up on the dining table looking his usual insouciant self. I would say No! Go down! And the fuzzy just looked at me and meowed. This was the typical conversation we had :
Down Meow!
Auw...
Down!
Auw!
Go down!
Mrreow!
Down!
Meoow! (really agitated)

This would be the only time Meowz would be so verbal with me. Usually when i talk to him like "Hello MeowMeow, how are u today?" Nothing. No meows. Not even a squeak. He would just look at me, squint and look away. Sometimes, to give face, he would manage out a small "Meow".

But this is different. On the table at this point, the orange naughty has put his anchors on. He would not budge despite my feeble attempts to push him away. The more i push, the more verbal he is. I swat his backside and he meowed louder. My husband is laughing. Says I am such a pushover. Well, we had agreed that i was the nice one and he was the disciplinarian, the alpha male. Hubby got up and went to the table and pointed to the floor, "Down!" The naughty obeyed and jumped down, but not with a reluctant and final "Meow!"

Two important things from this story : cats talk back and i am a pushover.

No comments: