Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Table cat

the one day i gave poppy the right to jump onto my dining=work table and sleep there while i work, was the day that the naughty brown mainecoon persian decided that it will ALWAYS BE OK to jump onto the table.
and sit there while i work.
first he sits and looks at me with his gollywog eyes.
then he would slowly lie flat on the table.
sometimes he would just sprawl all out, his furry tail spilling over onto my laptop's keyboard while i work.

bear in mind, i have 2 laptops on the dining table. plus paperwork and files. but poppy-is-naughty still wants to sleep on on the table. sometimes on the papers itself.

i guess he loves me a lot lot more than ehem.

popsie wants to be with mummy.

popsie is my mini me.

my evil shadow.

some days, while working intently on the laptop, i would suddenly see this furry paw coming into my periphery view, pawing at my mouse. or my hand. or my keyboard.

then some days, he would sleep facing very close to my laptop, almost like his face is next to my screen.

the other day, he curled up on the table, purring abnormally loud.
it was like this motor running next to me.

PURR PURR PURR PURR PURR! continuously and very loudly.
"Ooi, why you purr so loud wan today?"

and Poppy toned down his purr immediately....he understood me.

yesterday, he trode all over my keyboard just to get to the other side of the table.

poppy's walking all over me and i allow it.

last sunday, i wasn't feeling so well. went to look for some medicine in the fridge while poppy observed me from the table.
i found the medicine but a strong wave of nausea caused me to crouch down, locked in the position until the feeling passed.

poppy looked and looked.

then he let out a meow and got up to jump down onto the floor, all the while looking at me with a worried face.

like as though he wanted to come and see if i was ok.
but he kinda missed his footing and landed clumsily onto the floor in front of me!

and he auwed pitifully at me when he landed.

poor pops!

what a bumbling court jester he is.
wanted to show his concern for me but tripped instead.

despite the nausea, i was terribly amused.

of course, also touched.

how could u not love pops?

10 brownie points for the furry one.

3 comments:

numin said...

pops is sleeping more and more on the LEATHER 4-seater couch now. Prob realized leather is softer.

T'Pil said...

Meowz will say "Dang! Regretted rescuing that brown Poppy from the perch!". Now Fang Face is burrowing its way deeper and deeper into mommy meow's heart. Hihi

mummymeow said...

Hahah...yeah...how could one not love Poppy Poo? Don't think i will be selling him...Poppy and MeowMeow are both priceless...