Sunday, August 3, 2008

Fat Meow

I found this picture of MeowMeow a long time ago.
My, i think THIS IS the FATTEST picture i have ever seen of MeowMeow.
How and when did he get so obese?

The answer is simple.
My dad.
When we were still living at my dad's house, he used to love buying fishes for MeowMeow.
Not so much for the actual feeding of fish to the orange fuzzy, but more like for the adoring attention that MeowMeow would lavish him while waiting for him to debone the cooked fish.
It's like this total look of adulation - my dad = fish god.
What a sell out. Orange one would do anything for fish.
Well, i must say, it is quite a cute thing to see MeowMeow running like an orange cannonball towards you, meowing excitedly on top of his voice and then brushing his whole furry body repetitively onto your legs as you debone the fish.
My dad likes the attention from the orange one. Even though it is sorta like induced by fish.
Yes, my dad was bribing his way into MeowMeow's good books with leetle fishes.

At that time, i wasn't always sure which day my dad fed MeowMeow fish.
Most days i would come home and pour cat biscuits onto the bowl.
And then i believe daddy meow also pours biscuits if he happens to see the bowl near empty.

So, i pour. He pours. My dad feeds fish and also pours.
Everyone pours.
MeowMeow happy happy.
Fat fat.
Food galore. Neverending supply.
Like they say, ho sek, ho chi (eat and live well)

After moving to our apartment, my orange one has lost some of those pounds.
He's 6kg now, still has that solid round body but not obese, like the photo above.
Yeah, cos while obese cats look so freakishly cute, i want MeowMeow to stay away from heaven as long as he can.
Don't make your cat obese!
Daddy meow...ahem ahemm....tell your mom that....
And u stop eating so much also.
No wonder MeowMeow likes to sit with u. Fat birds of a feather flock together.

2 comments:

Ellen Whyte said...

Sounds just like Au! He's always got a full bowl too. Meow-meow looks sweet and so does Poppy. You've got quite a pet crowd there!

mummymeow said...

OMG! It's you! I loved your column for so long and here u are...thanks for your kind words. I love Scoop and Au for as long as i was following your column and was very sad when Scoop passed away...Au is especially my fav cos he looks like MeowMeow.
Target's so adorable with the nicest fur coat.