Friday, March 28, 2008

Junk food

it's always calming to have the boys in bed with me when i am sick.
i had asked daddy meow to bring in the pooky bear and he said no!
kutu kutu kutu....
but then he relented and let the orange one passed thru the door.
who went straight onto the bed, onto my tummy, purring like a furry hot water bottle.
leaving the cookie monster outside, protesting with loud dismayed shrieks.
poppy meows funny.

anyway, so the orange one was lying in bed, manja as usual.
he even moved up to lie down near my face, so near i could kiss his furry face.
next thing i knew, he sat upright, looking ahead with big beady eyes and then bolted off the bed.
and rushed nearby where my gym ball is.

-30 minutes earlier-
while I was having my porridge in bed...


daddy meow : Euw, there's a baby cicak in the room.
me : Where?
daddy meow : There, in the corner.
me : Dead one is it?
daddy meow : Still alive.
me : Well? Get rid of it!
daddy meow : Afterwards la.

- Fast forward to present -
Yes, MeowMeow saw the baby cicak and leapt towards it like faster than i can say NO Meow!

And he caught it, being the deft and nimble and still a capable hunter he is, even though his kaki tempang.
And he....ate the cicak.

Me : Meow! Yucks! Stop! Daddy meow, he's eating the cicak!!! Stop him!
Daddy meow : It's protein. Well, i guess i don't need to get rid of the cicak anymore.

It's like i don't feed the boys enough. Disgusting!!!
Daddy meow says it's junk food.
Junk food is always nicer than good real wholesome dry cat biscuit.
This junk food has a nice brain, squishy belly, etc.
Meow never made it back to my bed.
But he was clever, he knew he wasn't supposed to eat the cicak. So, with a guilty face, he was more than willing to run out of the room and straight into Poppy, who was meowing longingly at the door.

After 1 hour, i said i missed the cats.
So daddy meow opened the door and both of them bursted in.
And went straight to the same spot where Meow had eaten the cicak.
Sniffing, searching at every nook and cranny.
BOTH of them.
Me : Eh, how come Poppy also searching? Like he knows meh, got cicak just now?
Daddy meow : U think they don't talk to each other ah? Meow's probably just told Poppy - Eh, eh, got good food in the bedroom lor! I just ate cicak, damn tasty la. NO wonder they both always inside, hoarding all the good food to themselves!
Poppy : Cicak, what is cicak? I only like cat biscuits.
MeowMeow : Who cares? I eat, u also eat. Or u help me find somemore or i punch u one lor!

And that made Poppy also want to sniff around for a cicak to eat.
So busy looking that Poppy did not even come to wipe his furry face onto my hand, like he normally does when he comes into the room.
Cats talk!!
So both got banished outside.
Naughty!

No comments: