Sunday, March 2, 2008

shedding season

excessive fur shedding makes me unhappy. the fleas are back. what adds to my sadness is that it could probably be muscat, who comes to the apartment with his fleas, which then jumped onto poppy. poor brown one. already he's losing fur rapidly. bathed them today and then have to spray them with frontline tomorrow, which i hate as it's horrible. imagine how the cats feel.

but i love muscat. i love to feed him and i love to walk down the corridor to see him there, meowing at me from afar. running towards me and plonking down, exposing his soft belly for me to stroke. such trust from a stray animal is the most rewarding. it makes me happy, gives me some respite from the sadness inside my heart. i wish i could find a nice home for muscat but no one seemed to want him. and he doesn't like other fuzzies, hence making him a one cat home. ironicallly, my muscat story is like a presence who keeps coming back into my life. everyday when i open our door, i would feel a sense of loss if he's not there. not knowing if he's gone away to another territory or someone has decided to take him in as a pet. but the days when i open the door and do find him there, lying on our foot rug, belly exposed, looking at me adoringly, i feel a happy high. and it's a different happy that i feel with meowz and pops. it's like i am cheating behind their back by entertaining this new rogue. he's not as cute as my boys but he has this adorable quality that i can't seem to put my finger on. it tugs at your heart and it makes u want to embrace him and protect him. it makes me happy. and that high keeps me going for another few days until i see him again. knowing that he is alright, safe and unhurt brings me a sense of relief.

muscat always returns. after 2 - 3 days, he will usually come back, meowing for me. his presence is not wanted by daddy meow and the boys. will just keep him outside, let's see how.

No comments: