Saturday, March 15, 2008

Stolen story from my brother's Facebook

My sister's favourite cat, Meow Meow, striking a regal pose in her home.



This cat came into her life 5 1/2 years ago as a kitten. She adopted it and they became an item. The cat is so super affectionate that it will go up to her room every morning and meow outside her door till she lets it in, making it a very effective morning alarm clock.

Being a tomcat, meow meow is super restless too. It loved the outdoors and was one day hit by a motor vehicle or bicycle, fracturing its left hind leg. The cat hid itself from my sis for a week before crawling out of its hiding place underneath a drain slab, totally wasted from starvation and hours from death.

My sis and her husband rushed it to a vet who managed to reset the fractured leg and placed it on glucose drip. RM1,800++ later, it bounced back to health. Who says maintaining a pet is cheap?

But for my sis, the money is irrelevant, as the cat is her talisman as it came to her out of the blue, at a time when her life was in a state of emotional turmoil. I agreed with her and this is more than I could say for some humans, who are unmasked as gold diggers or at best fair weathered friends.


(The leg hind leg cannot be tucked in due to the fracture. My sister jokingly referred to it as meow meow's "turkey leg")

--------------------------------------

I stole this story from my brother. Ha. Me the stealer. But i wanted to put this up as i cried when i read it. It was so touching, i want to keep it forever. i never once told my brother or mom how broken i was when MeowMeow went missing for 1 week, the 7 nights i cried and daddy meow just watched sadly, cos no matter what he said, no matter how much he hugged me, i was inconsolable. MeowMeow was my heart. How did my brother knew? I only told him much much later, after MeowMeow was found and recuperating at home. And that was just a brief story, without much emotion and all. I think perhaps my dad told him. Or that he knew. Even my mom knew how much MeowMeow meant to me.

Every time i read this story, i cry a little. Tears just come. Cos it's true, MeowMeow came into my life at that moment when my dad and mom split. Having the orange fuzzy around was the bright spot in my life. No one likes seeing their parents split. The hurt and anger from either side. The not knowing what to do, which side to take. It's like god had placed him in front of the pet shop, for me. And i knew i couldn't leave him behind.

I don't know what i would do when it's time to say goodbye. Don't take him from me so fast, please.


No comments: