Monday, March 17, 2008

Another cat is eating Muscat's food

Poor Muscat.
I usually leave food at the shoe area where he would squeeze in thru the grill to eat.
And somedays sleep there.
All nicely tucked in between daddy meow's shoes.
Which he also uses as a scratching post.
Daddy meow is so not amused.
But he has to bear with it.

Some days i wake up and it's such a pleasant surprise to see Muscat sleeping outside.
He would then stretch and expose his tummy and wait for me to rub.
And he's getting fat from all the neverending supply of food.
So much so, he doesn't just ooze easily thru the grill anymore.
His belly gets stuck, and when that goes thru, his hind legs get stuck.
And then he would have to wiggle and push his butt thru.
It's just so damn funny.
We would have to cut one of the grill soon so that the poor kitty can still come in.
But that's not the biggest problem now.

The biggest problem is, another cat is stealing Muscat's food!
I just opened the door a while ago to check if Muscat was outside and to my shock, there was this orange cat frantically pushing his head out of the grill to run away from me.
It's one of the orange twins who used to hang around in the carpark!
He saw Muscat's food and he ate it!
And while he was running away, Muscat was around the corner and saw what happened.
The grey fuzzy did not like the intruder stealing his food.
His tail went poof! and he ran after the cat, who was obviously bigger than him.
I was so afraid that the orange one would harm him.
Mommy instinct.
Even though i would love to feed the orange one as well, i feel quite protective over Muscat.
I would not like them to fight and Muscat ending up hurt as he is the smaller cat.
Small but fiesty though.
I would protect Muscat from the orange stranger and protect my 2 pampered house boys from Muscat.
And i would definitely protect Muscat and my 2 boys from Doppy.
My, what a weird circle.

The orange cat lingered in the long corridor.
Muscat sat nearby, keeping an eye on him.
And the orange one walked towards Muscat and they started meowing, loudly, looking like they were going to pounce at each other.
The orange one is another tomcat.
Didn't i say only male cats come to see me????

THIS IS NOT GOOD.
I can't be having stray cats loitering in this corridor, nearby my door!
Cos when they start to meow loudly and fight over food, the neighbours WILL COMPLAIN.
And i would be the bad person.
I can just imagine me being dragged to the developer's office (who by the way is in this apartment block) to be reprimanded. NO FEEDING STRAY ANIMALS.
It's like being in the headmaster's office.

Muscat has a loud voice.
The orange cat has an EVEN louder voice.
Very brute, very masculine.
OH NO.
This is bad.
U would think u are doing good to feed a homeless kitten but then it goes and explode in your face.
And your boys get angry with u.
Daddy meow included.
Pretty soon, as we speak, the orange stranger will be telling his twin and their grey friend with bob tail about the food he just discovered.
And the tiga sekawan will slink up to happily eat Muscat's food and loiter at the corridor.
EEEEEK. OH MY OH NO, THIS IS NOT GOOD.

I don't know. But daddy meow is gonna sure screw me up when he gets back tomorrow night.
"Tell u already don't feed but u still want to feed! See now, how???"
(big beady eyes)
If i can look this cute, maybe then he won't.














I think i will go to sleep now and mull over my predicament.

No comments: