Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Kiss me, cuddle me, vacuum me

MeowMeow and his weird love-hate relationship with the vacuum cleaner.
He loves to be vacuumed.
He hates when vacuum sucks him too long.

When he loves it, he goes into this spastic, orgasmic face mode.
I don't have a picture but it looks something like this :

That looks about right.
Yeah. That's his spastic, orgasmic face when he gets combed. Spasmodo.
Same sort of face I see when the vacuum cleaner does its magic to him.

That's not even his comb. It's more for Poppy, to get rid of those matted fur.
But MeowMeow liketh.
He liketh the comb running through his head and shoulder blade, makes him all warm, fuzzy and orgasmic - hence, the spastic face. Or, what we call 'shiok' face.

Just makes u want to kiss his furry face when he is like that.

How did this vacuum habit come about?
It started with my once-a-week cleaner who comes to tidy up the house.
She's forever aghast at how much fur 2 kitties can shed.
Sprinklings of orange cheddar cheese-like fur on the coffee table.
Tumbleweeds of brown fur at corners.
One day, she had a light bulb moment.
Why not vacuum from the source of all those furs?
Well, she didn't get very far with Poppy, the naughty brown one who would run away from her everytime she brandishes the vacuum pipe at him.
But MeowMeow never runs. The sloth never runs.
The sloth sits.
And got sucked all over one day.
At first, I saw a pained, unsure face.
Which slowly turned into the orgasmic face I so terribly adore. (Beh tahan)
That's how it started. The liking of being vacuumed.
As long as it's light strokes of vacuum pipe all over his body, he's happy.
But sometimes, when the cleaner's hand gets a bit heavy and she ends up sucking one spot too long, Meowz would whip around snappishly, and go NGIAUW!!!! while brandishing his little fangs and pink tongue.
Majestic Meowz don't liketh anymore.
That's when she would stop.

Week after week, the same thing repeats.
Meow wants more.

So much so, when daddy meow helped me vacuum one fine day, Majestic Meowz ambled up to him, sat there and meowed. "Vacuum me!! I command you!"

And that's how i got this story to tell, as overdue as it is.

Yes Meowz, yawn-zers.

My bestest friend.

16 comments:

• azra • said...

hi mummy meow!
omg, it's so cool 2 hv u comment me on thc.
yeap, i do hv cats. 2 of em. boys too!
ur cats really do cheer me up.
reminds me of the boys i have at home.
will make a post about them soon.
do check it out yeah?
keep up the love for cats!
i love em to death too! even strays one. =D

Us4 Cats said...

That is soooo darn cute! MYy cats (except 1) dart out of the room when they here the big V coming.

That kitty actually likes likes to be vac'ed is sooooo cute!

What a hoot.

Thanks for recently visiting my site.

Just Sharlene and the Spice Cats said...

I think its a good thing that Meow likes the vacuum cleaner. I tried vacuuming the Spice Cats as the fur is always a nightmare in the Spice Cats house. But none of them would want to be vacuum. They'll just run for their life!

Rachel said...

Meowmeow's shiok face is so cute...reminds me how my shetland used to look when we combed his fur.

The last shot of him sleeping is so funny...does he always get into these bizarre positions when he sleeps?

mummymeow said...

Hey Azra, i love stray cats too! Wish i could bring all of them home.

Now, that would really make daddy meow go berserk. Imagine the fur.

mummymeow said...

Hi whatloknows, it is always nice to read about other kitties. Which cat of yours is not scared of the vacuum cleaner? Stripes?

mummymeow said...

Hi Sharlene,
Hope u had a great vacation. I must really ask u one day how you cope with all that fur. Don't lion cut them! I like them all floofy... :-)\

Really!

mummymeow said...

No, Rach, he's not sleeping in the last photo! He's actually grooming his fat belly! U made me laugh at that comment!

Your dog had a lot of fur as well. He looked grand. Must groom everyday? You must miss him a lot. Planning to get another one?

Rachel said...

Haha, so he is grooming himself. It is interesting how he is able to get into a contortionist position like that. Are all cats able to do that? Pardon my ignorance cos I only have dogs, and the only get into very conventional positions when they groom themselves :)

My extended family has already started their search for a shetland pup. My mom's place feel kind of empty without a little furry one.

No plans to get dog for my own for the time being. It's tough to deal with the grief when they pass on, also my hands are already full with 1 baby in the house.

Luna und Luzie said...

That is interesting. I have never seen a cat that loves the vacuum cleaner. Our cats hate it and they hide if I use it.
They also don´t like to be combed. Now I try it to learn the kitten Olli to tolerate it.

Us4 Cats said...

Ty for visiting my site and commenting on BB.

numin said...

hmm... i remember a time when someone vacuumed the whole tail even...

Ellen Whyte said...

A cat who likes to be vacuumed? Now that's weird! Love that scrunched up face :-)

BTW, you typed your URL incorrectly on my Mr Linky so you won't get visitors from me this week.

mummymeow said...

hi ellen, meowmeow can be weird at times!

No worries, i didn't type, i copied and pasted but somehow something happened and my url came out wrong...it's ok...everyone that matters to me have come and read my story already... :-)

rubs for au and target from me!

mummymeow said...

Rach, sorry didn't see your reply above. Yes, cats are really contortionists and it can be terribly funny watching them. I shall search for all photos and do a story on that soon, for u!

Having pets is lovely but the grief one has to deal with when they pass on is quite difficult. I agree with you.

numin said...

contrary to popular beliefs, cats have no bones. They're all soft meat with fur on them.

At times they can do like how the T2000 Liquid metal Terminator did in the movies, squeeze thru tight spots and go thru extremely narrow spaces.