Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Poppy the naughty cat

Some days, I just don't want to blog anymore.
Cos I have so much work to do, it's just not funny at all.
But when I look at all my cats' photos, I see so many stories I want to capture for this journal.
So many photos, so little time.
I found baby Poppy photos.
So cute, yet so weird at the same time.
We always say, Pops never really looked that cute.
In fact, when I got him, daddy meow asked me "What do u see in him anwyay? Big eyes, big paws, dumbo ears..."
Dunno. I see a cat with an interesting marble coat.
And big yeti-like paws which still amuses me to no end today.

Back to baby photos.Poppy was quite weird looking then.
With even HUGER gollywog eyes than now.
Look at those 'hypnotic' eyes.
Took him a while to 'even' out his proportions and look somewhat more normal.
But then, as his eyes shrank a little, his fang started to grow.
Out.
Poppy can kill with his fang. Ok, maybe not.
He can poke a fishball with his fang.
Do they have cat braces?

Even if there is, I wouldn't have wanted it to be corrected. As long as Pops can eat somewhat ok with his tooth like that, it's ok.
I think it gives Pops a bit more character.
My little fang face.

I sometimes get wet nose kisses from MeowMeow the orange cat, but I would get a fang poked into my nose if Pops were to give me a wet nose kiss.
Still looks quite cute at certain angles....

Poppy's really a handful. He's noisy, he's stubborn and he doesn't like to be cuddled.
But he sure loves to hang out with me. And sleep on my belly or between my legs on his own accord. One time, I fell asleep on the recliner, just to wake up later to find a furball nestled on my belly, sleeping contentedly. Poppy had floated onto my belly while i was asleep. He is that light.
Poppy never really grew. He's actually quite a small cat.

A mainecoon persian who is terribly small.

Above all, Poppy's terribly naughty.
So naughty that I call him Poppy-is-naughty. That's his whole name.

But i won't sell him ever. I know i gripe a lot about how naughty he is, but no sell.
Even if someone offers a heck of an amount.
Cos i don't think anyone would be able to stand Poppy. He's a cat who is unlike a cat.
He doesn't cover up his scent after peeing or pooing.
In fact, MeowMeow has to go into the cat litter box to do that for Poppy.
Poppy only knows how to dig into the sand for fun, like how a dog would dig furiously into sand to bury or find a bone.
Sand flying. Everywhere. Mummy has to sweep up.
And then there is the poo he leaves on the floor every so now and then.
Poo for the unamused daddy meow to pick up.
Poo gets stuck to his butt and then drops off.
On the living room floor.
Nice.

And the water bowl thing that tripped me one fine day.
Neverending bouts of diarrhea when he was a kitten.

I bought Pops as a companion for MeowMeow but i think he amuses me more than he amuses my orange cat.
Cos he's such a bumbling court jester.
If u feel down, come and be with Poppy. The fang face will brighten up your day with his head butts, funny looking face and protruding fang.

We brought Poppy to the vet again for his 2nd scan and it shows that he has kidney stones.
I guess eventually we have to operate him.
Poor Pops.
I don't want to cut my kitty open but i guess if this is the only choice, we will have to.
So that Poppy can continue to hang out with me while I work.

Or sleep on my ironing board which is off limits to anything with fur and legs.
But to Pops, being naughty is fun.
Cos he gets mummy's attention.

I just hope that Poppy doesn't change into a subdued cat after the operation.
Cos I want to keep my bumbling, people friendly, ready to play court jester as he is forever.

14 comments:

Ellen Whyte said...

I think Poppy looks lovely and her face has so much character!

Blogging about FFF today who are having a do at Bangsar Village this Sat to help pets in distress. Help me promote it, please???

Just Sharlene and the Spice Cats said...

I totally understand about the poo thing. Having 4 long-haired cats in the house, I get that ALL the time. Sometimes the poo is still stuck on their fur and you wonder what smells so bad. Urrgghh!

Tink said...

Poppy looks very cute, she has beautiful eyes. Great pics!

Luna und Luzie said...

Poopy looks cute!!!
She lie on the table and the ironp board like Luna.
And sometimes she also has a poo on her long haired tail and lost it on the floor....

catsynth said...

Those are very cute photos of Poppy.
I can sympathize with having too much to do. Pictures of cats can be inspiring at times.

numin said...

err.... pops a he!

mummymeow said...

Hi Ellen, Poppy gives u a soft kiss with his little fang!

mummymeow said...

Sharlene, now i feel better after what u have said - knowing that it happens to all long hair cats!!! Isn't it just the funniest?

mummymeow said...

hi tink! thanks for dropping a comment! always nice to know another animal lover.

mummymeow said...

Hey luna, i love mainecoon luna...she's adorable. and a good hunter too!

mummymeow said...

yes catsynth, lotsa work = tired. but it is always nice to keep a kitty journal so that u can look back and laugh...

kuanyin333 said...

Well, his marble coat is just fantastic, and I think he's beautiful!

JEWELGIRL said...

Poppy will probably be a happier
cat after the operation... ever
have a stuck kidney stone...
Meoooooooowwww painful. Poppy is
pretty, and the long haired coat
and eyes are a pretty combination!

Gattina said...

Poppy is a beautiful cat ! what big eyes ! Don't worry cats don't change character after operation. And for a male cat it's nothing ! If Arthur would jump on my belly while I sleep I would be knocked out ! A sweet little cat of nearly 9 kg landing on your chest ! lol !