Saturday, September 20, 2008

Orange cats brighten up the day

Am bored.
Have tons of office work to do but some days you just don't feel like doing it.
Some days you just want to be a lazy bum.
Already people at work think I am a robot for working round the clock.
Work never finishes.

Since this is a kitty blog with G rating, I can't rant.
So, I will write about something I had forgotten until I saw the photos in my Picture folder.
It's an orange mom cat captured by daddy meow a year ago!
In a college where he still guest lectures on architecture.
This is what he saw.
Look at the huge (keep your G ratings!)....now, that is a MOM cat. No doubt about it. Want me to point it out?
This photo is extra special to me because I do have a special affinity for orange cats.
That's why i so love reading about 2 famous orange cats, Au and Target in Katz Tales and in The Star newspaper whenever I can remember to get my hands on a copy during the weekend.

Orange cats are sunshine to me.
I love the colour, I love how the cat stands out in a background.
Now, this mom cat is even more special as most orange cats are usually male.
Male orange cats outnumber female 3 : 1.
So, if you find a female orange, ginger, red, carrot cat- it is extra special because they are so rare.
Look at her brood of kittens!
Can u spot them all? How many can u count? Look closely.
That is just so adorable.
If I were there, I would have scooped them ALL home.

And form an association of orange cats at home.

Oh dear, poor Poppy will then be an outcast.
Then I will need to find equal amounts of mainecoon persians with that same naughty face and buck tooth to ensure Poppy doesn't get bullied.

Ah, this could go on forever.

MeowMeow : "Don't even think about it! Go and do your work!"

Time to do my reports. Hope this brightens up your day.

Till next entry in my journal.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Cat lady,

How about comissioning an artiste to do a portrait of MM?

Came across this Sporean artiste who is a major cat lover as well - love the manja pop art style of the cat paintings, thought it might interest u. http://www.catmasutra.com

mummymeow said...

Morning Rach,
I checked it out...so cute the paintings. Will think about it. I know my husband will shake his head and think i am too into my cats.

Eh, actually i am not. I just like to write about them... (grin)

Hope u had a great birthday last week.

Just Sharlene and the Spice Cats said...

Someone once told me how special Ginger is cause its quite rare to find a female ginger cats :)

mummymeow said...

Yes Sharlene, it is certainly very rare. I want one too.A nice companion for MeowMeow.

Never had a female cat who lives with me so don't really know how they are like. I think male cats are more docile once you castrate them.