Sunday, January 13, 2008

Cherish the moments

Poppy’s starting to get very possessive of me.
Ever since he slept on the bench next to me while I worked, he’s been jumping up and lounging on the bench whenever I am on it.
Taking over what was once Meowzer’s spot on the bench.
Poor Meowzers.
When the orange one comes nearby, Poppy would paw at his face.
And a cat fight ensues.
U work and suddenly hear this disgruntled meow!....auw! hiss….U know what is happening.
So, this is how it is.
I have boy cats fighting over me.
Ha ha ha ha.

Poppy follows me everywhere.
Yesterday night when I was washing clothes, the cookie monster just sat nearby and looked up at me with those huge eyes.
I think Meowzers puts up a lot with Poppy.
The old fuzzy has to share everything, including his mummy.
Such patience is always rewarded with a G-Spot scratch and sotong strips.
I had to scoop up the orange one who was sleeping nicely on the sofa and put him next to me on the bench.
I sometimes wonder if Meowzers feels a bit sad. Cos everything’s taken away from him since his accident.
His freedom to roam, his original house with garden (my dad’s house), my undivided attention, etc.
Some days he looks really sour, like me.
I wonder what is in that kitty mind.
Some days I would come up to him and he would meow at me. Again and again.
Very verbal.
It’s like we are having a conversation only none of us could understand each other.
Most days he prefers to sit with daddy meow on the recliner, either on daddy meow’s belly or next to him, all squashed up.
The old fuzzy seems to be sitting less with me nowadays.
That’s cos I always sit on the bench, working.
I miss the lap cat.
Perhaps I am a little jealous deep down that he always sits with daddy meow.
This is my cat, the one I scooped up years ago, just when he was a little ball of fluff.
The cat I have played hide and seek a lot with when we were at my dad’s house.
The cat I have driven back home during lunch hour to bring food for him as I didn’t have cat biscuits yet.
The cat I cried for, for 1 whole week when he went missing.
The cat I visited almost every day in the vet’s clinic when he was recuperating from his leg operation, sitting in front of his cage talking and stroking his head for hours.
The cat I spoon fed everyday when he was still traumatized from his accident to eat solid food for 3 whole months.
The cat my dad would never hurt because he knows if he even so lifts a finger onto Meowzers, he would lose his daughter forever (he told my aunt that)

It’s more than I could love anyone in my lifetime.
But I did bad things 2 times.
I had kicked Meowzers once when I was really angry at him biting my hand constantly.
I had smacked him hard a few times when he was in the violent mood and kept attacking my legs, drawing blood.
I am forever trying to make up for those incidents.

My baby is 6++ years old now. 4 more years or so left.
I don’t know how to be able to cope when the day comes. I seriously don’t know.
Boy, am getting a bit misty writing this.
Why am I writing so much about my cats?
This is afterall, my cat journal.

Videos of when he used to chase me around. We have more of these but I don’t want to post everything up. Cos i sound so spastic in these videos. From the hissing to the shrill shrieks of laughter when the orange one charges at me....plus my wrong grammar in my subtitles.

I am retarded afterall, so who cares? Enjoy the video at my expense.

No comments: