Sunday, November 23, 2008

Round 2 - Fail big time, white flag

My subsequent attempts after round 1 had ended up with a furious and bewildered Poppy and me with either more pee on my fingers or sand in the jar.
Ok, I did it two more times and then raised the white flag.
Cos Poppy would not go when he sees me crouching in front of him, one hand holding a jar, all poised...he would immediately slink out of his kitty litter with a not so pleased squawk.
I mean, who would go right? If someone just looks at you with big beady eyes while you sit on the toilet.
I thought it wouldn't be right to keep on at it- cos if Poppy won't go when he's supposed to and holds back his pee, then it would not be good for the kidneys.
I am causing more damage than anything else.
So i stopped.
And then got caught up with so much work that I had no time to think about alternatives.
But thank you to all who took the time to offer me other solutions.
I will be trying Lee County Clowder's option next weekend.
Will be going shopping for the necessary stuff.
And it's time to put up the cage.
Poppy's happy i am not chasing him for pee anymore.
For time being.

Found some old photos of the naughty one the other day.

I think it was too bright for him, hence the paw over the eyes.



That was my old pillow. Poppy loved it.
The usual Poppy pose. All day, everyday. Hot belly.

My dad used to call him "Big Claw". I call him 'Yeti' sometimes.





This is the most precious photo. So pitifully adorable looking.

Have a good Sunday!

7 comments:

Everycat said...

I'm so sorry you are still having troubles getting hold of the elusive Poppy pee. You are so right to stop for now, he doesn't need anxiety from litter box time. The Clowder suggestion is great about the packing peanuts! Make sure you wash them with a lot of cold water before you use them (so as not to contaminate the sample) and let them air dry (heat does weird things to polystyrene) If you can't get the stuff from the pet store, then our offer still stands to get some KatKor and send it to you.

Those are some beautiful pictures of Poppy, he's gorgeous and has such lovely big tufy paws!

Best of luck!

Whicky Wuudler et al

Kaz's Cats said...

It sounds like you've made a good decision for Poppy. We hope that you can get what you need to make it work. We love those photos of Poppy. We haven't heard of Katkor, but it doesn't mean it's not available here in Australia. If there's anything we can do, then let our Mum know. We'll purr and purray for Poppy to stay well,

{{kitty hugs}}

Gypsy & Tasha

The Island Cats said...

Yep, sometimes you just gotta give up cuz we just won't cooperate. Those are cute pics of Poppy!

numin said...

unfortunately, we've emailed Katkor themselves and they replied that Katkor is only available in Europe and South Africa?! Its not even in Australia or anywhere near Asia Pacific.

Ellen Whyte said...

What a dreadful time you're all having with this. You and Poppy must be all stressed out. We're purring for you both.

Have you thought of calling the vets at UPM to ask if they've got a sources of Katkor? I'll ask round too.

Miilo said...

oh my gosh!!!..youre cats are soooooo adorable!!!....and the pics are just sooo cuteee...they ssure have a good life haha..i actually have nine cats and counting hehe..i guess if you really like them you wouldnt mind have as many cats as you like haha..

mummymeow said...

Hi Ellen,
KatKor is not sold in Malaysia. We have emailed them and that was the reply. I will be trying something else that Lee County Clowder suggested-plastic packing peanuts. Need to find them but i think it might work.