Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Cat worries....

A sigh of relief.
My bro in law agreed to baby sit the boys when we are away.
Sigh of relief turns to a nagging worry when my mom in law asked "Why don u bring the cats to our house??"
Errr...no way!!!
Put them with Doppy, the evil devil?
Wait, devils are evil, it's redundant to say that.
This shows how EVIL Doppy is.
3 new scratches today, courtesy of Doppy.

I looked at daddy meow in horror.
Cats are terribly territorial.
They do not like to move from one spot to another.
Sounds a lot like me.
When we first moved to this apartment, Meowz had the blues.
First night both fuzzies piled into the bed with us.
They wanted to be near something they knew, admist the unfamiliar surroundings, smells, different nooks and crannies.
I remember daddy meow had said, turn left, got one cat. Turn right, got another cat. Cats everywhere....sleeping, purring...in his face....

I am particulary worried cos they won't know how to take care of my boys in their house.
What happens if Poppy runs out into the garden and onto the street?
He's not street smart, coming straight from his mother's belly to the pet shop and to my house.
He won't know what a car is or the damage it can render.
Splat!

Once, daddy meow stupidly left the front door of our apartment ajar and the tyke ran out!
When he realised it, Poppy was already mid way down the long corridor.
Upon seeing daddy meow running towards him, Pops started to run as well, meowing so loudly that even the deaf can hear.
When he reached the stairs, he jumped thru the railing.
But got caught mid air by daddy meow who managed to grab the fuzzy's back legs JUST IN THE NICK OF TIME.
If not, poor Pops would be in heaven now.
And daddy meow in hell.
Grrrrrrr.....
I think, daddy meow knew how i could chop him up and make soup out of him if he didn't catch Poppy, so he used his super human strength to run and catch up with the naughty.
Think about it - can anyone outrun a small cat?
Nope.
But daddy meow did.

Never trust older people to look after your cat.
Especially the in-laws and my dad.
Once, in Athens, my dad let Meowz outside the garden, despite me telling him for the billionth time not to let the orange one out, especially after his horrible accident.
But stubborn as usual, my dad let him out to the garden.
The orange one jumped across the wall into the neighbour's garden and then the next wall and the next.
Went missing for the whole day until my dad started to panic.
No amount of calling brought Meowz back.
So, the moment daddy meow got home, he told my dear husband to SHUSH!
And the two conspirators when searching for Meowz in the night.
Finally saw the naughty one in the garden of a house down the road.
My dad had to use the ladder to climb into people's garden to grab the orange one and bring him home.
Then only did daddy meow call me and asked me -
1. how was my day, and
2. MeowMeow is fine and still alive
3. Nothing out of the ordinary happened
4. NO, my dad did not let him out

It was only when i came back daddy meow cracked and the whole truth came out.
Bad bad men.

I was whingeing to daddy meow - what IF his mom decides to BRING both boys back to their house despite telling her not to???? I know she can be just as stubborn....

After rolling his eyes for the umpteenth time, he told me to post a BIG BIG signage that says :

My cat rules :
1. Do not bring home the cats to your house
2. Do not bring Doppy into our house (Doppy still has ticks - and ticks love Poppy's marshmallow fur)
3. Do not leave the door ajar

This is terrible. While i may still joke a bit about it, i am petrified at the thought of leaving my cats in the hands of his parents. I didn't mind his brother, but Mr. Dumbass here had to also tell his mom and now, it has become more of his mom's job than his brother's.

I know i can't trust my dad.
He'll probably let Poppy out!

And of course, i can't ask my mom - she will probably faint at the sight of my badly scratched up couch.
Or worse, mop my floor and disinfect everything everyday till i come back.

"Aiya, u don't go la....I go with my girlfriend!"
"FINE BY ME....go la!"

Somebody angry already ready.

Better not come back home with a funny looking orange cat and a weird looking brown mainecoon persian.

These boys are priceless - if lost, daddy meow must find back the same orange cat with white chest with tempang kaki and, brown marble cat with gigi taring senget and a terribly naughty, worried face.

Would i be such a good mummy if i had my own daughter?
Perhaps not.

No comments: