Sunday, March 29, 2009

MeowMeow

MeowMeow
2001 - March 27 2009
Lung tumour


A while ago, i saw this scruffy looking orange cat outside our nearby pet shop.
It was orange with a white chest, sorta like a bib that goes all the way down to his belly.
He walked past a few customers outside the shop, stretched in that famous worshipping pose before proceeding to sit in front of the pet shop which i had planned to go into.
I got out of the car, my eyes never left this orange cat.
Walked up to him and meowed.
He meowed back with incredibly intelligent eyes that looked straight into my face.

And i loved him instantly and forever.

I never got to go into the pet store that night.
Cos i already had this orange cat i knew i could not leave behind.
He was mine and mine forever.
Thank you for the lovely 8 years with me.
U are my serendipity.
U didn't chose me, i chosed you.
And i love you from the bottom of my heart.
U are my bestest friend and the one single thing that kept me sane when my parents separated.
U are the reason i worked so hard so that i can give u the best.
U are my angel, my very intelligent baby.
This is the hardest post i have to ever write.
I am so sorry that i failed to notice the signs.
And i am forever sorry that i could not save you.
I never saw this coming and the suddeness had caught me off guard and made my whole world seemed so bleak.
No matter how much i cry and how much i scream at god, he's not going to give you back to me.
It hurts so much.
Somehow, as i lay in bed, my eyes don't seem to want to close.
And memories that flood into my mind are the ones of you when we were still in my dad's house.
That's when you were young and full of vigour.
Please forgive me if i didn't love you enough.
I have done many things and some terrible things just to protect you.
But i guess i didn't protect you well enough.
I would have done anything for you.
And I would give anything in the world just have you back.
I love you too much, if that's possible.
For you are more than a cat to me, you are my baby.
And i love you like how a mother loves her baby.

The one thing i love the most, god took away.
A part of my heart is gone.
Who will cuddle with me, lick my arm and cheer me up when i am down?
I don't think i will be alright for a long time.
But life goes on and i have to be strong for Poppy.
He misses you too.
I love you MeowMeow. U are irreplaceable and I love you forever.
Thank you for holding on so long.
Please remember me always.
We will be together again one day.
Please forgive me.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It is so unexpected..I had to read it thrice to see if I was reading it correctly.
I do believe as well that we will see the furry ones that we lose in our lifetime someday...

Unknown said...

This is so sudden.

I feel for your loss. It is the saddest thing in the world losing someone you loved and cared for. Someone you consider your “baby”. You must find in yourself the strength to let go and move on. Remember you have Poppy who still needs you.

They say the Lord works in mysterious ways and somehow in the grand scheme of things he has other plans for dear Meow Meow.

May he RIP and may you find your peace through this period of time.

Ellen Whyte said...

I dropped by even though you said you were quitting the blog, just to see if there was any news of Poppy. And I'm so shocked to hear about Meow Meow. I'm so sorry. What happened? We're purring for you and Poppy. We hope Poppy continues to be the tough little tiger. Nice of you to pick up a stray and give him a home. He sounds like Au! We'll check back.

mummymeow said...

Rachel : Thank you for dropping a comment. Yea, i hope to see MeowMeow again one day. I just hope he will remember me then.

Yap : I know u don't normally drop comments, this is very nice of u to go thru all the trouble to get a google account to do this. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. U are a truly kind hearted person.

Katztales : Hi Ellen, MeowMeow was a bit lethargic the night before and i thought perhaps it's just one of those days. But the next morning, he had vomitted all over and was crouching in the bathroom, shivering and breathing hard. Rushed him to the vet and the xray showed lung tumour which was already quite advanced and the vet said there is nothing he can do. It was the hardest decision to put my baby down. I did it as he was already breathing terribly hard and could not swallow but it's extremely heartbreaking. I cried till my entire eyes were swollen for 3 days. How would u know when is the right decision to end a life? It was difficult and i am now coping with the guilt part of it. But i also didn't want him to suffer. I miss him a lot. i prepared myself for losing Poppy so this suddenness with MeowMeow gone is really very difficult to cope with.

Just Sharlene and the Spice Cats said...

I thought I dropped by to see if there is any updates and was shocked to read your lastest post. I am so very sorry and I can feel your sudden loss. I still remember when I lost Xmas, where I cried for almost 1 week. MeowMeow is at the Rainbow Bridge now. So be strong. I know its though but there are a lot of other gentle furballs out there that could use some of your care and kindness.

Sunny's Mommy said...

My condolences on your beloved MeowMeow going to the bridge.

Ellen Whyte said...

It's been ages. Just dropped by to ask how you are and what's new. Drop me a line and catch me up to date?

Everycat said...

I am so shocked to read of dear MeowMeow's passing. Poor fella, gone too soon, but you gave him the kindest gift to free him of his distress. We all send you rumbly purrs and hope that the pain is easing into smiles as you remember the loving and happy times. It's never easy, we know.

Love to you and Poppy.